Please see below the current and future requirements for fire service Instructors: It is time for you and your instructional staff members to complete Instructor 1 & 2 courses prior to the upcoming SFT changes
CURRENT INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS
Instructor Registration remains unchanged through December 31, 2018. Instructor registration currently requires the following
- Instructor Courses fulfillment from one of the following training qualifications:
- Attended and Passed SFT Instructor I and II OR
- Attended and Passed SFT Training Instructor 1A, 1B, and 1C OR
- Attended and Passed SFT Training Instructor 1A, 1B and Instructor II OR
- Attended and Passed SFT Fire Instructor 1A, 1B and Training Instructor 1C or Fire Instructor 2A OR
- Attended and Passed Fire Instructor 1A,1B, and Instructor II OR
- Holds a Valid Lifetime Community College Teach Credential OR
- Completed the 60-hour Techniques of Teaching course from a University of California (UC) or California State University (CSU) Institution OR
- Completed the National Fire Academy’s (NFA) Fire Service Instructional Methodology course
- Completed Four semester units of upper-division credit in educational materials, methods, or curriculum development
- Regional Instructor Orientation (RIO) completed within the previous two (2) years of application date
- Ethical Leadership in the Classroom and has signed SFT Instructor Code of Ethics on file
- 80 Hours Instructional Experience
CFSTES / FSTEP INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS
Starting January 1 2019, NEW Instructors applying to teach CFSTES / FSTEP courses will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Instructor 1 Certification (40 Hours Instructional Experience and Completed Task Book)
- Instructor II Certification (40 Hours Instructional Experience and Completed Task Book)
- Regional Instructor Orientation (RIO) completed within (2) years of application date
- Ethical Leadership in the Classroom and have a signed SFT Instructor Code of Ethics on File
FIRE FIGHTER1 / II ACADEMY INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS
Starting January 1, 2019, NEW Instructors for the Fire Fighter I and II Academies will be required to meet the following requirements
- Instructor 1 Certification (40 Hours Instructors Experience and Completed Task Book)
- Ethical Leadership in the Classroom
Those of you who are tired of taking boring classes from training companies and instructors who are not qualified. If you are seeking to become an effective company officer, then this class is for you.
Meet the educational requirements for firefighter II
Ca. State Fire Training Certificate
Complete all activities and formative test. Complete all summative test with a minimum of 80% correct.
Dress is casual, but respectful and uniforms are okay as well.
This course provides the skills and knowledge needed for the entry level professional instructor to perform his or her duties safely, effectively, and competently. The curriculum is based on the 2012 edition of NFPA 1041 Standards for fire service instructor professional qualifications. At the end of this course, candidates for instructor I certification will be able to teach and deliver instruction from a prepared lesson plan utilizing instructional aids and evaluation instruments. The Instruction I will also be able to adapt a lesson plan and complete the reporting requirements to the local jurisdiction.
Please register for this fantastic educational opportunity. Elite Command Training Instructor’s are far superior in their ability to share experience, convey relevant knowledge, while developing skill sets and improving abilities.
Captain Brad Amaral will be your instructor for this class: He will provide you with the necessary skill sets to be a fantastic fire service instructor
As with all of Elite Command Training Classes, please bring a laptop computer with USB port to class each day. Your student materials will be on flash-drives.