Attention: class will begin at 9 am
The Decision Makers – Labor & Management
Attorneys provide opinions; Fire & Labor Executives make Policy/MOU Decisions
This is a MUST for all company/chief officers/H.R.Mgrs.!!
Perfect for those who are seeking to promote to the next level. This class will help you get ready for the promotional examination!
This class will provide you with the necessary skill-sets and knowledge to successfully navigate the punitive and non-punitive decision-making process. The two instructors have handled over 250 discipline decisions and they will provide a sensible approach through pragmatic scenarios. They will incorporate practical methods rather than a theoretical process.
- Punitive versus Non-Punitive process (investigations), when does FBOR apply? Know your authority because it will keep you in your lane!
- Manager/Supervisor/Employee: Preventative Measures – Counseling – Instruction – Verbal Admonishment and how to deliver tough messages (written & verbal exercises provided)
- Adverse Comments, Officer Journals, Poole versus OCFA, and Personnel File
- The Officers Do’s and Don’ts FBOR – Work Place Environment
- Legal, Administrative, DMV, EMSA, FBOR Paths (one-year Statute of Limitations) – Live Scan Situations, (notification process)
- Numerous in-class FBOR scenarios and exercises
- Locker Search Criteria – Weingarten Rights
- Opportunities for question and answer period
- Numerous workplace scenarios and situations to navigate through