Attention: class will begin at 9 am
The Decision Makers – Labor & Management
Attorneys provide opinions; Fire & Labor Executives make Policy/MOU Decisions
This is a MUST for all company/chief officers/H.R.Mgrs.!!
Are you seeing challenges pop up when your supervisors/managers are confronted with potential personnel issues? If this is the case then this class is a must-attend for you and your agency members. This class will provide you with the topics identified below but also with the experiences of two instructors who have handled over 250 punitive and non-punitive action decisions. The instructor’s approach will be realistic and sensible. They will incorporate practical methods rather than a theoretical process.
- Punitive versus Non-Punitive process (investigations), when does FBOR apply? Know your authority because it will keep you in your lane!
- Manager/Supervisor/Employee: Preventative Measures – Counseling – Instruction – Verbal Admonishment and how to deliver tough messages (written & verbal exercises provided)
- Adverse Comments, Officer Journals, Poole versus OCFA, and Personnel File
- The Officers Do’s and Don’ts FBOR – Work Place Environment
- Legal, Administrative, DMV, EMSA, FBOR Paths (one-year Statute of Limitations) – Live Scan Situations, (notification process)
- Numerous in-class FBOR scenarios and exercises
- Locker Search Criteria – Weingarten Rights
- Opportunities for question and answer period
- Numerous workplace scenarios and situations to navigate through