There is no class that can offer you what this class offers. All firefighters, engineers, company & chief fire officers and those that are looking to become line safety officers
FEMA “all hazard” & Ca. State Fire Training S-404 certification and certificate
Dress is casual, but respectful and uniforms are okay as well. Please bring a laptop to class each day.
Both FEMA & California State Fire Training Certificates will be offered at the completion of the course.
Course Description: This class is a MUST for all company & chief officers. Firefighters need to be skilled at risk assessment and decision-making in today’s hazardous environments. By attending this class you’ll improve your experience, knowledge, skill sets, and abilities to keep your members safe. Designed to meet the training needs of the Safety Officer position in the incident command system and the requirements of CICCS Qualifications.
SAFETY OFFICER “ALL HAZARD” TOPICS:
- Operate at single and multiple alarm building fires safely
- Risk assessment and decision making process
- Roles & Responsibility of the I.C. & safety officer supporting the I.A.P.
- Compliance with NFPA 1521
- Tactical Analysis – 215A development and application
- Improving communication skill sets (assertiveness with participation)
- Hazardous materials incident – tanker fire on freeway (development of the safety plan)
- Fire behavior predictions and NEW WUI tactics & strategy
- Train derailment – “all hazard” simulation classroom exercise
- Safety message development, delivery and implementation
- CICCS Certification and Task Book – For Line Safety Officer
“DON’T BE THE SAFETY OFFICER WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE REQUIRED TO KNOW AT THE TIME THEY NEED TO KNOW IT”
Very Important: Please bring a laptop or tablet with a USB port to class with you each day. The student material is on flash-drives, which you’ll receive on the first day of class